Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cultural Revolution

I keep thinking that my generation needs a cultural revolution. In the 20s they had flappers with their bobs and chic clothing and then in the 50s there was Elvis and the whole movement that we call "Retro" now. In the 60s there was Twiggy, the invention of the mini-skirt, and the "hippie" style which spilled over into the 70s with the whole Vietnam War.





(Pictures in order from the way they were mentioned)
What will I be forced to call my generation in the future? The "Electronic Generation"? That's totally lame compared to every other generation. My English teacher has the privilege of calling herself a "Flower Child" (referring to a hippie) and what will I get if nothing changes? An "Electronic Child"? A "Cellular Child"? BLECH. 
What will we be acclaimed for? Justin Bieber and the Era of Disney Stars? I sure hope not! The only music I ever hear is horrible country, pop, and rap!

I'm still on the lookout for a cultural revolution and an answer to my question: What is the zeitgeist of my generation? If you have any answers, then by all means, type on!


Much sunshine,
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment