Friday, October 22, 2010

HAIR HAIR HAIR

I am here to talk about a VERY serious issue. HAIR. The lack of originality in hair styles in my school is astounding. Its like everybody WANTS to be a conformist. So I've categorized the different hair styles into a few groups. The first one is the "Pouf".
Poufs generally are worn by ugly sluts in suburban areas and make it so that the short people (like me) can't see the math notes on the overhead. They are designed to looks classy and slutty at the same time but generally make the person look like they've got an overgrown tumor on their heads.
The next category is the "Hair straightened straight".
Hair straightened straight is generally popular among the average prep. They spend up to an hour straightening their LONG LONG hair and after a while, it tends to look a bit fried. I have noticed that long hair is very much popular among people in America. What happened to the chic short hair? Well, I'm trying to bring it back.
The next category is the "Crimp".

Girls like to come in with BIG hair if it is not MEGA straight. This style is also popular among preps and also makes that overhead notes unreadable. Yesterday I sat behind two girls with the Crimp in math and spent the whole time craning my neck. This style also uses too much gel-ish stuff and looks stiff and artificial.
The next category is the "Horrible Dye". These hair styles have long faded dyes stuck out in random spots and are all fried and frizzy. There is no picture because no celebrity has this and I'm not so mean as to post a picture of some random poor soul.
The last category is "Aux-Naturel". This is self explanatory. People with Aux-Naturel leave their hair as is and that's fine but if you look disheveled its not a good outer presentation. I'm not one to criticize someone for their looks but I am very much into my "outer presentation" and I find that people who go into public looking like slobs don't respect themselves and the people around them. The other hairstyles above are pet peeves and cliche hairstyles. ALSO, notice that ALL of these styles are LONG HAIRED. Personally, I find short hair refreshing. On to guys cliche hair!
The first style is the "Beiber".
This style is completely boring to me. There is no originality in this style. Almost EVERYBODY has it. Okay, we get it. You think this style is attractive and air-head girls across the United States are falling for it. Big whoop. Get some originality.
The next category is the "Wave Beiber".

This is for guys who are not girl enough to straighten their Beiber cut. Again, cliche and a VERY slobish look.
The next category is the "Jock".
This hairstyle is for jocks who grow out the bangs and spike-gel them up. Some guys just use too much and its a look that says "Hey, I'm trying too hard!"
I could go on and on but I want to get to styles that I go for. We'll start with guys. I think that guys should take a look at themselves before presenting themselves in front of someone they might like, or just public in general. A style that I think is acceptable is this:

Layered to perfection and in a way that complements the face.
For girls:
I always loved the short, cropped style of Horikita Maki and I think that its great for girls who want short hair. (And I know I'm being prejudicial toward Asian hair but you've got to admit, they've got GREAT hair tips!) For girls who prefer longer hair, something like Maaki from HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR is good if you like curls. But there are also many examples in magazines like Popteen.
I absolutely LOVE bangs but not everybody can pull it off so beware! If you also like bangs and want to try some out, then here's an excellent tutorial I found>> http://universal-doll.com/2010/03/bangs-a-step-by-step-tutorial-on-gal-styling/

I have more news but I will get to it later. I have pictures of the Legendary CHS (abbreviation of my school) Ninja.

Much Sunshine,
                      Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment